Parkland Course - 18 Hole - Par 70 Founded in 1922, the Lytham Green Drive Golf Course
lies just to the north (15 minutes walk) of Lytham town shopping centre. The course
is surrounded by open fields on the East, woodland to the North and South, and by
on the West, Ballam Road serves as a link with the M55 motorway.
The course length at 6305 yards, is perhaps short by modern standards. However it
has been proved as a good test of golf by its use as a qualifying course for the Open
Championship in 1974, 1979 and 1988.
The clubhouse overlooks the First and Tenth tees and the Ninth and Eighteenth greens,
the course is therefore played in two loops of nine holes, in general counter-clockwise
The out-of-bounds perimeter is thus always on the players right. The generous fairway
widths, and largely flat terrain, do not demand premium drives, although careless
ones will be punished by strategically placed internal trees and water hazards. The
shots to the greens, however, demand good accuracy, since they are on the small side
and are well bunkered. For shots finishing in the middle of the greens, players have
a fair chance of holing out with a single putt. On completion of a round, players
can relax in the modernised clubhouse and mix with the members of what is generally
regarded as the friendliest club on the Fylde Coast.
How to find us: West on M55 exit at junction 4. Take A583 towards Blackpool North
Shore. At roundabout take first exit onto A583 Preston New Road. Turn right at
White Hill Road then left at Peel Road. Turn right at Ballam Road to